Upcoming Event - Seminar for Washington Condominium Developers on Dissolution and Cancellation of Limited Liability Companies
Stoel Rives LLP is hosting a complimentary breakfast seminar in Seattle on Thursday, October 8, 2009, entitled “A Law Update for Condominium Developers: Practical Advice for Dissolution and Cancellation of Limited Liability Companies.” The seminar topics will include:
- The life cycle of a condominium LLC
- The recent Washington Supreme Court ruling in Chadwick Farms Owners Association v. FHC LLC
- Dissolution and cancellation of LLCs
- Limitations on liability protection afforded by an LLC
- How to “wind up” the business of the LLC
- How to avoid personal liability for the obligations of an LLC
The Chadwick Farms case was discussed in my prior blog post, here. Chadwick Farms is especially relevant to condo developers because of the project-oriented nature of the condo development business, and because of the strong Washington law on the implied warranty given to new condo buyers. The process of dissolving, winding up and cancelling a condo developer’s LLC will often present the developer with some difficult choices—this seminar will discuss the pros and cons of the alternatives.
Registration and breakfast begin at 7:30 a.m., and the presentation runs from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. Limited space is still available, so if you're interested in attending you can see the location and other details and register here.